2008年5月31日土曜日

Voices surpressed on Debito org

41
Stevie Says:
May 29th, 2008 at 11:42 pm

Hello LB.

“Shodoman’s (and others’) claim that Japan’s legal system is not accountable and enables torture is, demonstrably, wrong.”

Could you demonstrate it for us please?


For some reason Mr Arudo blocked the following LB's respond


The Shibushi Jiken
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/志布志事件
Or just google "志布志事件", or 鹿児島事件(Kagoshima Jiken, 鹿児島選挙違反事件(Kagoshima Senkyo Ihan Jiken) or 鹿児島県議選買収事件(Kagoshima-ken Gisen Baishuu Jiken.

There is an entire blog devoted to the issue, with case stories of the
judiciary in various parts of the country penalizing the police or
prosecutors for overstepping their bounds:
http://blog.kashika-suishin.com/

For example, go to the archive for September 2007 and click on the first two stories that pop up.

These only took a few minutes to find, and I know for a fact there are more cases like these out there (unfortunately). The point is, the legal system does NOT give the police carte blanche to do whatever they want, and WILL pass a decision against them if they abuse their powers.
See the comment section


Instead Mr Arudo allowed the following comment.
45 Si Says:
May 31st, 2008 at 11:06 am

LB are you being deliberately obtuse? The very reason this site exists and contains a large number of people with a similar mindset to how Japanese treats its foreign guests should be sufficient to assert the assumption that Japan rarely plays nice when it comes to non-Japanese. I notice you quoted one or two cases where wrongly accused came to justice, and you are using that as a basis for an argument. Do you not think it is ridiculous to do so? Consider for a moment how many cases go unmissed, how much corruption there is in Japan, how the Japanese mindset will instantly shift all blame and guilt and tuck it away where it will be found years later, if it is even found at all.
Are you honestly under the impression that Japan is at all easy for foreigners to live without hassle and discrimination? Why do you bother even to post here?

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that its extremely likely our Japanese guy here wasn’t thinking straight because foreigners are not people. In all my years of living in Japan I have seen ’stupid’ actions comitted by Japanese towards foreigners because they do not think we are the same as Japanese people. I imagine the person who planted it was unable to comprehend he was doing anything wrong because it was “only gaijin” - and not in a malicious way but simply in an oblivious one.

“…Japan’s legal system is not accountable and enables torture is, demonstrably, wrong.”

Yeah, I think you are just trolling for attention now…


Mr Arudou's moderation policy seems clear. But I leave the judgement to the readership.

BTW in this regard it might be amazing to note Mr Arudo's what seems to be hysterical ressponse to HO on another post.
5 Mark in Yayoi Says:
May 29th, 2008 at 6:43 pm

HO, very helpful post!

Amir, have you made retroactive contributions for your preiod as a student? How are they calculated (if you have no income)? I’d like to do this as I was here as a student for half a year, and then worked for a company for one year, without participating in the plan. Since I’ll need to collect this in my old age.

And does anyone know which countries now have bilateral pension treaties with Japan? My company tells me that the US now does, so I don’t have to worry about losing all my contributions if I move back there.



6HO
Says:
May 30th, 2008 at 2:38 pm

Mark, this page might help you.
http://www.sia.go.jp/e/ag.html

–HO, you’re doing it again. Stoppit. Stop just sending us links without telling the rest of us what they’re for.

Well, the link is written in English.

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hi Ponta,

Will send a mail in a bit.

Debito's getting nasty:

"–That does it, Lance.

I have always allowed your comments through–and that’s despite their nasty, ad hominem, and vituperative tone (calling people “Debitards”, calling me a “hatemongering racist” and the site “evil” etc.) because they were still trying to make a cogent argument, however much I disagreed with them.

Now you’re trying to blame me for not allowing you to “post such proof”? That’s simply a lie. You really are a troll.

You have been confronted with a UN Committee Against Torture report which criticized Japan’s judiciary regarding torture and accountability. As witnessed in this post two days ago:


LB: “Shodoman’s (and others’) claim that Japan’s legal system is not accountable and enables torture is, demonstrably, wrong.”

Stevie: Could you demonstrate it for us please?

Debito: Quite. The UN Committee against Torture does not agree, either.
“UN body attacks Japan’s justice system”
By David Turner in Tokyo
Financial Times, May 23 2007
http://www.debito.org/?p=415

You have chosen not to respond to this with a cogent argument back, demonstrating. Instead, you try to blame me? As I said, that does it.

Trolls are not welcome here, and with this you have proven yourself to be one. Either give us a cogent counterargument or some form of capitulation/acknowledgment to this point raised, or I will never approve another one of your comments to this blog again, and your IPs will go into the spam bucket."

My response (doubt it will see the light of day, but he'll see it and he knows I can do what I threatened):

OK Debito, I'll play your little game. I submitted the proof that Japan's legal system does not condone police brutality TWICE yesterday. I have a saved screen shot of the second time I submitted it. And I bet if I ask real nice, I can get my buddy who maintains your server to pull out the logs to prove that those posts were sent to your server. In other words, I can prove you are a damned liar and a hypocrite. Do we really want to go there? Here's your chance to back the fuck down and be a man for a change.

The twice submitted post you wouldn't put up: (post resubmitted here)